Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Sunday, December 6, 2009

No Greengrass, no Damon…WHAT?!!!!

I kept asking myself, how the hell will Bourne 4 be on screen without its most talented director (Paul Greengrass) and its real Jason Bourne (Matt Damon)?! In the article I found in Cinema Blend about the issue, Matt Damon clearly stated that he will have nothing to do with the sequel of the movie without the involvement of Greengrass inside the production. That’s indeed a bummer!! Without Damon, what was really there to watch in Bourne heh? (or is it just me exactly? LOL!)

So the story goes on that the Universal Studio went on with the sequel of the movie despite previous saying that Bourne Ultimatum will wrap it up for Robert Ludlum’s novel on the screen. Demanding for Greengrass as the director, for his astounding performance in Bourne 3 which had somehow obtained the movie 2 Oscar awards, he slammed the door on them, saying that he won’t be back for Bourne 4. Maybe he thought the possibility to topple the last Bourne movie was impossible, or he was really done playing around Jason Bourne character. This decision thus affected Damon’s answer when asked whether he’ll be back as Jason Bourne. He said,

"I’ll just wait for him and when he wants to do one, we’ll do it. I’ve always said that. But I think it will happen down the road. We just don’t have a script right now."

Is it just me or this answer was tinged with hopeful thought? Or is it just a conspiracy spiraling among them before they began a new conspiracy for another Bourne? Anyway, there’s nothing much to be said about it. All we can do is wait, and truth shall surfaced along the way, leaving trails of speculations at the back heh?

5 comments:

  1. I think it's just the Greengrass & Matt thing. You know, just like Scorsese & DiCaprio, Burton & Depp. There's a lot of actor & director loyalty in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete