Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Darren Shan Joins The Vampire Lot.

It seems that this fall will witness vampires roaming the theaters. Besides the twilight second installment, Cirque Du Freak will be joining the vamps lineups. And, my good friends and neighbours, if you check out the line-ups for the rest of this year, it appears that novels are springing to life. We have a good number of adaptation coming out this year such as Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones and if the release date is not pushed back, we might catch Cormac McCarthy's The Road as well. What an interesting scenario for the movie scene this year.

Anyway, back to Cirque Du Freak. I, was a fan once (until I kinda lose interest in the final quarter of the saga) and frankly admitted that this is one of the movie I wanted to see. Although adaptations rarely celebrates success, but I am intrigued with Darren Shan. How will they crammed three books into two hours movie? That, I would like to see (FYI - Darren Shan or Cirque Du Freak were divided into four parts with each parts consisting of three books). I've heard complaints about the movie not sticking to original plot (so did with all books adaptation) but I am not against the decision to tweak Darren Shan. Maybe, the fine-tune will help to eliminate problems with the book. I hope it will or I might stop seeing the movie right after the vampire assistant.

So check out the trailer. It looks good, featuring few known names such as JC Reily, Salma Hayek, Ken Watanabe and not forgetting Josh Hutcherson. The movie seems to be less darker than the book, more comical and somewhat light-hearted - which is good, because we don't need another serious and brooding vampire story. As you all know, Cirque Du Freak is written for kids (a bit goosebump-ish if you ask me) but how about the movie? I think they'll strive for something in between childish and seriousness. But that just me. We will just have to wait and see how it will turn out.

Cirque Du Freak will be hitting the cinema this fall.

This is Zombie, signing out.






P/s: Is it just me that the trailer seems a bit Tim Burton-esque with the shots and everything? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment