Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Popcorn With Zombie Part 1.

Hey guys. Since Roldan is MIA, I'll be your friendly neighborhood host for a while. Hope you're not sick of me (yet).

Alright, Entertainment Weekly has publishes 20 movies coming out this fall that they just can't wait to see. Let's check em' out and see if Zombie (and you) agrees.

Nine
release date: 09-09-09

Tim Burton? - Check.
Timur Bekmembetov? - Check.
Oscar winner Shane Acker? - Check.

Honesty this is one of the most anticipated movie for Zombie. It has everything that you'll ever wish for. Three big names, magnificent voice talents, and cool release date.

What else do you want?

Ticket to the movie? - Check.








The Informant
release date: 18-09-09

ZOMG! Matt Damon!

I can hear Roldan screaming already.

Will I see it?

Yes, for Matt's packing up extra fat for the role and his goofy look in the poster.





Jennifer's Body
release date: 18-09-09

Megan Fox, please eat me.

Will I see it?

Are you kidding? It's Megan Fox. With the word body in the title and the teen horror flick premise, I won't think twice.

MUST SEE!











Shutter Island
release date: 02-10-09

Martin Scorsese and Leornardo Dicaprio, two names that never fails to deliver. With a noir feel to it, this one hold some promises.

Will I see it?

Yes, for Leo-D creepy stare.













Capitalism: A love Story
release date: 02-10-09

Michael Moore and his latest documentary on America.

Will I see it?

I think I'll sit this one out cos' it's too smart for me. Besides, I don't know why Michael Moore and I can't be friends.





Couples Retreat
release date: 09-10-09

Vince Vaughn plus many other big names thrown into the mix. Tropical paradise, couples, sandy beaches, couples, Vince Vaughn, couples. Did i mention there are a lot of couples?

Will I see it?

Most of you might disagree with me. But this is one of the movie in the list that did not catch my interest one bit. Maybe it's because of Vince Vaughn...I don't know. Used to like his work tho, but meh, not anymore.




Zombieland
release date: 09-10-09

Finally a zombie movie and a very good one too. Trailer looks good. It kinda remind me of Rodriguez's Planet Terror. This one will be a gut busting ride.

Will I see it?

Definitely! Oh my, look how big Abigail Breslin is now.












The Road
release date: 16-10-09

It is always nice to visit post apocalyptic world (in a creepy way of course). And to top it off, it's based on a Pulitzer winning novel by none other than Cormac McCarthy (author of No Country For Old Men). Should the movie follow closely to the book, then we're going to see some disturbing and really messed up stuff.

Will I see it?

Yes. I am always a sucker for post apocalypse movie.









Where The Wild Things Are
release date: 16-10-09

Okay, I have a confession to make. The monsters illustration used to creep the hell out of me (still do).

Anyway, this year as I said in previous posts, is the year for book adaptations. Joining the regiment is the ever popular Maurice Sendak's creepy ass (to me that is) Where The Wild Things Are.

Will I see it?

Although I am a bit reluctant but yes, I will see it. The movie probably going to give me nightmares for days (might be for the entire week) but since it is one of the most anticipated movie this year, I'll watch it.






A Christmas Carol
release date: 06-11-09

Another book adaptation to the addition of this fall's movie. Who does not know this book must be an alien. Robert Zemeckis and Jim Carrey team up to bring one of the great classic ever made by the great man himself ,Charles Dicken, to the big screen in glorious 3D.

Will I watch it?

Yes, Jim Carrey makes a perfect Ebeneezer Scrooge.










That's it guys, the first part for this fall's most anticipated movie. Be sure to check in back later for the second part of the list.

This is Zombie signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment