Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Popcorn With Zombie Part 2.

What up guys. Let's continue our list of this fall's most awaited movie as per published in Entertainment Weekly.

Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire.
release date: 06-11-09

This movie won a lot of awards at the Sundance Festival. A story about an illiterate Harlem teenagers struglling with unwanted pregnancy. Sounds familiar? A tiny bit. Might be a surprisingly good movie regardless of the weird casts.

Will I see it?

Maybe. I don't know. Usually this type of movie will come out as a surprise or they just don't work out at all.










2012
release date: not 2012 (13-11-09)

This year we will going to see what it will be like when the world decided to end in 2012. It's kind of like a preview of what's to come.

Do you remember Roland Emmerich? Oh you'll remember him as long as you remember the exploding White House in Independence Day. That's his work. This time he promises mass property damage, a bigger scale of explosion and of course the end of the world. He even got John Cusack tagging along for the ride.

Will I see it?

Of course. Besides post apocalyptic movies, I also dig movies that features random people running helter skelter and screaming for help.



The Fantastic Mr. Fox
release date: 13-11-09

Do you like stop-mo animation? If you do then you're going to love this movie. Featuring the voice of George Clooney we will follow a band of foxes as they try to get through the threats from local farmers.

Will I see it?

Regrettably no. I'm not into animated movies, and seldom watch them unless it is exceptionally good or have receive a lot of hypes from all around. But, The Fantastic Mr. Fox looks like a great family movie. So watch this folks.

P/s: I don't know much about this movie. Is it an adaptation of Roald Dahl story with the same title?

The Twilight Saga: New Moon
release date: 20-11-09

If the poster does not get girls into seeing this movie, I don't know what will. This year Twilight saga continues with more good looks, vampires, more werewolves and awkward dialogues(don't kill me for that, it's true, look for them as they were loads of such dialogues in the movie). We will see Edward and Jacob murder each other with Bella looking horrified while trying to look awfully delicious in the background.

Will I see it?

No comment.








Broken Embrace
release date: 20-11-09

Penelope Cruz!

Will I see it?

Penelope Cruz!








Nine
release date: 25-11-09

Looks like we have two movies entitled nine this year but this one does not concern itself with apocalypse or machine overtaking the world. This nine is a movie musical featuring Daniel Day-Lewis, Penélope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard, and Sophia Loren. That spells hot women in hot clothes and dancing (refer to the picture on your left).

Will I see it?

Maybe.








The Lovely Bones
release date: 11-12-09

I have mentioned this movie before. By now I guess you know what the movie is all about

Will I see it?

Yes. Peter Jackson and story by Alice Sebold. Definitely going to watch this.




Avatar
release date: 18-12-09

After thrashing Christian Bale's light in Terminator Salvation, Sam Worthington returns in a movie by James Cameron. That is awkward, but anyway it has been a while since James Cameron take on the sci fi genre and I'm thrilled to see he's back on his turf.

Will I see it?

Yes for Sam Worthington.










Did You Hear About The Morgans?
release date: 18-12-09

No, I haven't heard of the Morgans, and I don't want to hear anything from them. I disagree with EW on this one.

Will I see it?

No. Hugh Grant...I hate Hugh Grant.













Sherlock Holmes
release date: 25-12-09

It is definitely a nice christmas gift for all of us. After ditching the heavy iron suit, Robert Downy Jr. returns as the famous detective and futhermore with Jude Law as his trusted sidekick Watson. What could be more thrilling than that?

Will I see it?

Yes, yes, yes.









There you have it, all twenty movies coming out on the later part of this year. Personally there are some movies that I think should have made the list but didn't. Anyway hope this will give y'all some insights on movies to watch. Happy viewing.

Zombie, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment