Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Friday, December 18, 2009

Math with faerie!

What?! You don’t believe I can do math? Here…I have a simple equation for you guys who do not believe that fairies also can do math. The equation:

Festive seasons + school breaks = wedding ceremonies

Simple enough? Ahaha...wedding ceremonies are one of important ceremonies that fairies need to attend. It is time to create the magical moments especially for the married couples on their big day. Yup! Time to spread those fairy dusts!

Wedding gifts are the most common way to congratulate a couple for their marriage. There's no need for it to be expensive, just simple and neat will do. So, it's not about what things that are given as a wedding gifts, but it's how you wrap for it to be neat and pretty. So here I will show how to wrap a simple wedding gift. What you need are scissors, wrapping paper, sellotape, double-sided tape, ribbon, stickers and of course your gift.
  1. First, cut out wrapping paper according to the size of your gift. Here, I used the whole wrapping paper.
  2. Before you start wrapping your gift, fold a few layers at one side of the wrapping paper to create the look of paper fan (please measure and determine the correct position of the layers so that it will look nice on top of your gift).
  3. After you are finished creating the layers, you can start wrapping you gift.
  4. For the finishing look, add a ribbon on top of your gift. The position of the ribbon is up to you. As what I did, I put it at the left top side.
  5. This how you gift will look like…

Oh, I forgot, for the mini card, I cut a red colour paper (9cm x 15cm) and fold it into two. Next I cut another paper (blue) into 8.5cm x 7cm. Then, I put a few stickers on top of the blue paper and add on some glittering glue here and there. Later, I glued the blue paper on top of the red paper (front side).

I hope this simple tutorial is useful for you guys and for those out there who wants to share any tutorials on how to wrap a gift in simple, nice but creative ways, feel free to leave a comment and share it with us and the others.

p/s For the wedding dress and tuxedo stickers, you can have that too. Just download it from here http://dfc.c-ij.com/en/contents/3176/sticker-wedding002/index.html. After you download it, print it and start cutting and pasting your sticker.

** Thanks to Canon Creative Park for the wedding stickers set

5 comments: