Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Friday, December 4, 2009

New Moon - Really?!!!

First of all, I would like to clarify that I'm not a twilight-hater, and my opinions here are not influenced by any grudge or despise that usually became the case when it came to twilight, alright? I'll keep it brief, and as honest as I can be about this movie.

2008 - Twilight : This movie blasted away the audience, be it a fan or not, with fast paced storyline, blood thumping actions and the hotness of Robert Pattinson. A praise to Catherine Hardwicke as the director, who presented the movie in a grasping way that even captured the attention of non-fans and peoples' who don't even knew the existence of Twilight.

2009 - New moon : Well, for starters, there's too much "You're everything to me...", "You're the world to me...", "I don't want to live without you...", then it goes like hugs and kisses that drone on and on for the rest of the movie. Some people may be up for the romantic scenes and stuffs, but for others, it's boooriiing! Some of us are up to the actions promised by the cool new moon's trailers man! It doesn't have to be actions and brawling between werewolves and vampires for the whole movie, but at least be optimum for both romance and actions, you know what I mean? Keep all the details to books, and bring only the cool and important parts to the screen, don't cha think?

Okay, enough about that. I'll keep my promise to keep it short. But before I go, I have to say that the werewolves in the movie are probably the best I ever seen! It wows me, and I really wish I can see they fight for a little bit longer, but...oops! Okay, I'll just stop here okay? Thanks for reading and Frosted Cigar loves you all...

"You're the world to me Bella..."

For the records, Rotten Tomatoes had given New Moon 29% in Tomatometer...

8 comments:

  1. Aha, that's the least of twilight problems. You see, I've been blazing through the pages and well, after 3 books it is an OK saga. But wait, I was in for a surprise. Pick up Breaking dawn and hey presto, all of the story is ruined in just one moment. It's 'THE' moment...it's insanely crazy messed up moment...I might cover that up on an article...Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's just the way it is, right Zombie? Can't really say that I'm eager for another twilight in the future. I don't think I'm ready for another disappointment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. for some reason i actually enjoyed this movie. it had more action than the last, and there was a cool slow motion fight at the end. yeah, there was a lot of lovey dovey stuff, but the thing that pissed me off the most was how selfish everyone was

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup Chris! I also loved the cool slow-mo stuff when they fight..it's awesome! Had great resemblance with the matrix.. And the selfishness inside the movie was indeed stupid and frustrating. Everyone wanted to commit suicide, and for a moment there, I actually hope that no one will stop them to do so. But without Bella and Edward, there's no Twilight heh? :-)

    ReplyDelete