Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson tribute by Frosted Cigar

Hello guys! How’s it going on? For me, I’m still drifting at the sea looking for my friend Zombie. No luck yet, but I won’t give up.

I felt a great urge to write this post even though I really should be concentrating around for traces Zombie left for me. But as a dedicated fan of the world of entertainments, I realized that I had to pay my respect.



A shocking news, stirring and spreading on Thursday 25 June was about someone who earn the title King Of Pop, named Michael Jackson. Of course we have heard this name several times in our life, whether out of popularity or publicity. Looking back when I was kid, he was one of my favorite singer, entertaining my ears with the song ‘Black and White’, ‘You are not alone’, ‘Thriller’, ‘Beat it’ and a few songs that I may not remember. But still, he was a legacy that will ring loud and clear for the next decade.

And recently, on the age of 50, he made an attempt to relive the legend he created when he was young, setting a concert which was supposed to be on 13 July at the stage in London Famed 02 arena. He was prepared and his dance moves were polished, expecting a success by the hard efforts, but fate took an unexpected dive and all turned upside down. At the age of 50, Michael died after he was sent from rented home in the posh Los Angeles neighborhood of Holmby Hills under the care of UCLA medical center.

He was believed to suffer cardiac arrest that leads to his demise. It is a possible effect of heart attack or other heart problems.



Michael had been singing all his life, ever since he was a little boy. Jackson 5, formed by him and his 4 brothers had made an early impression for his talent with their hit songs, ‘I want you back’, ‘ABC’, ‘I’ll be there’. He was 4 during that time and was the lead singer in this group.

Now, who don’t know about backward gliding moonwalk, rhythmic squeal, and crotch grabbing robotic dance? I remember myself trying to imitate the dance when I was little, clamping my hat while doing the moonwalk. Well, Michael Jackson was the one who introduced it all, and it will always be an episodic memory of him.

No matter how hard you deny it, Michael was the biggest star in the world of pop despite his allegations of kid sexual assaults that we may heard of. His name was engraved in memory on the right side of Elvis Presley. He was the king of pop and will stay that way even though his soul won’t be singing again in the future.

For this, Frosted Cigar tipped the brim of its hat and bow to pay homage for a great loss to the world of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment