Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Friday, June 12, 2009

Father's Day 101

What’s up guys? It’s me again after 3 days without any post in this blog. I know… 3 days.. No big deal huh? Well, to be honest, I’ve been itching to write something in the past few days but haven’t been able to do anything about it. What can I say, works were piling up on my desk and my fingers were occupied with many other things, so, sorry guys. I promise I’ll put a schedule up for this blog.

Anyway, as you all can see, I did a few things on the blog layout. Well, if you all were new here, you’re lucky to see the new shiny layout I made especially for the readers of Frosted Cigar. Things will shape up around here, and I’ll try my best for this blog to be a better place for you all.

You all like youtube? I like youtube…and here I placed a youtube ShaneDawsonTV channel for you to enjoy. Take a look, he’s funny and he’s cool. You all going to love him, really really much!

Okay enough about that. So today I’m going to tell you something about Father’s Day. I’m pretty sure I don’t have to tell you specifically what’s the reason of the occasion, do I? Unless you’re an alien, I think you had celebrated Father’s Day before to appreciate your father hard work raising you. But not most of us knew about the origin and history of father’s day, don’t we? Little that we knew that someone before had fought for 56 years for the day to be official. Now that, my readers, is something worth knowing.

Mother’s day was already celebrated long before Father’s day was even introduced. It was proposed by a person named Sonora Smart Dodd, out of personal idea while she was listening to a Mother's Day sermon at the Central Methodist Episcopal Church. She fought for it with many organizations and churches behind her back. But the more she fought, the more the honorable day ran the risk of disappearing. Back then, father’s day was a laughing matter, while mother’s day was celebrated with excitement.

However, in 1924, the idea was accepted by US President Calvin Coolidge, and many efforts are gathered to legitimize the day. Finally in 1966, the proclamation was issued and father’s day became official.

So, do something to appreciate your dad this year. Someone fought so much for the day and it would be nice for us to make the best of it.

By the way, Zombie (I cannot believe I even called him that) had post something on the blog. You're going to hear from him from time to time. He's a likable person, in spite of his name i would say. So thanks Zombie (I still cannot believe I even called him that).

No comments:

Post a Comment