Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Half Blood Prince: Will the new harry potter bring us disapointment?


"To Mackenzie,
my beautiful daughter,
I dedicate
her ink and paper twin"

J. K. Rowling

For those of you who haven't read this book, the long awaited movie for the masterpiece collections of J. K. Rowling are yet to be revealed this July. Anticipation rose as the fans of HP realized how good the book are, exactly what they would expect from the author, J. K. Rowling, but questions surfaced on whether or not David Yates, answers to their expectations? Most of us probably have seen The Order of Phoenix (2007) and personally all I could say about that is not bad. However, it falls on the ground where the written book couldn't even see too far down, in different league.

I am a big fan of HP myself and read all of it wonderful series. Even when I finished reading "The Deathly Hallows", amazingly I was hungry for more of it! However, I found this site (http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/mar/13/fans-unhappy-with-sixth-harry-potter-film) where fans were furious after a test screening of the film, and I began to wonder. Why oh why the most amazing story in the whole wide world could end up with revolts and complaints?

So here I'm going to say a few words about the story. Rest assured, there would be no spoilers in this article, and even if there is, it wouldn't make much difference because they have changed the ending of the story anyway! And i couldn't believe that J. K. Rowling actually agreed with that. Curious...curious...

Well if you follow the link to the website above, you'll hear about complaints of being too much romance in the upcoming movie. Also,some key memories that are crucial for Harry's final confrontation with Lord Voldemort were gone, leaving swivelling dusts of confusions. And finally, as I mentioned before, the ending were...modified. All this was revealed by one of the HP fans who attended the test screening.

This is not what I had expected. No...not at all what I expect. So...EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that...
So here, I wished to discuss about what the story is about, and what should and what shouldn't be omitted inside the movie.

No doubt, in the sixth book, loves filled the air. There were many romance scenes, but it doesn't mean that it's a dominent part for the story, isn't it? It's a story about Lord Voldemort's past, about Snape, about the fallen by the rise of something else, it's a fantasy fiction for God sake! In a book, it's fine to spice up the story with romance and all of the other stuffs, but don't procasinate the scene when you only have a limited 2 hours for the movie.

And about the memories that were erased during the movie, I cannot say anything about it because I can't figure out which part. That leaves the modification of the ending which is outragous because the ending for the book was superb!! And surprising...

So, I guess all that's left for us to do is sit back and hope that the movie won't be as bad as they said huh? Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

  1. i like harry potter too, dropping by friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you are Wisata... I guess there are millions of other fan of this book and movie series. Thanks for dropping by... :)

    ReplyDelete