Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DIY card for your dad - A Father's Day Special

Hello all! Due to my obsession to art, I would say that Roldan did a very artful job to create this blog. Except for, of course, the youtube rollout in the left that keeps tuning on to the ShaneDawsonTV channel. He is not very...art to me. Well, if he is, I would call it disasterous art, or wicked art, or bizarreness...

Okay okay enough! (Both hand rose.)
That’s not why I posted this, though I felt pity for Zombie and Roldan who’re a big fan of Shane Dawson and literally didn’t grant me an administrator privilege for this blog, just in case that I might change the channel to lady fashion, make ups...hmm...

So remember when Roldan write something about Father’s Day history and origin? He did ask us to make the best of the day and do something for the day. So here’s a suggestion. How about... a card? I know, typical huh? But don’t forget, something simple was easier to remember. Dexter (in Dexter TV series) drew a simple crayon card for his blood donator to show his gratitude. That person turned out to be his biological dad and guess what? His dad kept the card until the time he died.

So what do you think? Well, if you insist on “buying” cards, I can’t do nothing about that. But if you want to do something a bit more sentimental, I can show how to make a simple and meaningful card for your dad... So here goes...

You will need:

A4 papers (assorted colours), scissors, glue, glitter glue and embellishing objects (stickers/stamps *optional)

Making the card:
  1. Take a piece of paper and fold it into two.
  2. Draw a pattern/design (anything that related to fatherhood or something that will bring sentimental value) on another piece of paper.
  3. Start cutting your designs.
  4. Now you can start arranging and glueing the patterns according to your preferences.
  5. Lastly, I’ve made a simple wavy line along the edge using red pen and I followed the line with glitter glue.
  6. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. Nice article Lost Faerie. That Dexter reference is priceless. True, so true. Something simple can indeed means a lot. Now, if only I can draw something that looks like a car or my father...without it ended up looking like something from art attack from hell.

    ReplyDelete