Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Friday, June 5, 2009

Movie: Sequel for Pirates of caribbean movie?



PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN 4:
The Fountain of Youth

“This is the day that you shall always remember, the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!”

This has got to be the best film I’ve seen back in 2003! To be honest, I’ve already fell in love with the story on the first five minutes when Jack (portrayed by Johnny Depp) was scanning the horizon of the sea, seeing Port Royal in distance on the center mass of his scrappy boat. Funny old Jack!!!LOL!!

Well, I would announce here proudly that I’ve seen the third movie (At world’s end) five times already, including the premiere and amazingly, never once get tired of it. It’s the same for the first two films, but I’ve lost count anyway. Well, let’s just say that I’ve watched it too many times already until the blood running on my veins stirred up with every line of conversations and events in POW. Yup…I know what you think. This guy is losing it huh? Hehe…nevermind though…I would never be ashamed to admit that I’m a sick fanatic of POC…the one who’s hungry for more adventure by Jack!

So, imagine how I felt when there’re rumors about pirate of Caribbean 4!!

I was like jumping in excitement and impatience of the sequel even though there’s no solid prove of it just yet, and the rumors spreading around were just an unconfirmed news. Well, not until Sept 2008 when Johnny signed for the contract for the movie, which is expected to be released on 2012.

Then I started digging around for the scoop of the incoming movie.

So, rumor has it that Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley will not be aboard as William Turner and Elizabeth Swann to sail along the adventure, which I think will have a huge impact on the film. It wasn’t really sure yet until Kiera confirmed it on the press, saying that she had already done with pirating. That’s a bummer indeed!! She’s the pirate king for God sake!!

As for Orlando Bloom, there’s none unraveling truth whether or not he joined the cast or not, so rest assured. To be frank, I hate that William Turner because he was an uptight and volatile character. But in the end of the third movie, it blown my mine to see both him and Jack running the wind, hoisting their sail side by side crushing Lord Cutler Beckett’s ship to smithereens. So in the end, I never want this character to go away, and I really really hope that Orlando Bloom will return as the captain of The Flying Dutchman. Well, after all, The Dutchman couldn’t sail without a captain, aye?

Also, there are floating rumors about the comedian Russell Brand to be joining the crew as Jack’s brother. Well, that was surprising! Or should I say stunned, because I’m not sure I would want to see Jack’s brother in the movie. Barbossa and his monkey (a.k.a Jack) and his apple is fine, but Jack’s brother? Maybe I’m thinking too far along, and probably it won’t be such a bad idea to bring the character up. After all, the talented Jerry Bruckheimer will be guiding the Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio on the script-writing process, which very unlikely will lead to disappointment.

So, enough digging and enough rambling shall we? What say you that we just keep our weather eyes on the horizon, waiting for the black sails to roam the free ocean once more, singing yo ho again, not as a conqueror, not as king, but as a mere free men of the sea, savvy?

No comments:

Post a Comment