Pages

Food for thought

"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." -Dean Koontz-

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rated Z for Zombie-licious

What’s up people!...or in a more appropriate manner of speaking, how are you doing, fellow reader.

How’s your day?

Zombie here, and you’re going to see a lot of me from time to time. I decided to drop by and say hi to all of you. Yes you guys, the one who are reading this. I’ll be mainly posting book reviews and few stuff about authors that is, if you don’t know about them already

Since Roldan would probably chop me to pieces if I put up some senseless post, so in response to his post about Xbox’s Natal, yeah it is somewhat intriguing. I know Microsoft yet to have a release date and all but, I’m pumped up already. Imagine the possibilities. No, I don’t mean playing an improved Wii Fit-ish game. Though it is Microsoft answer to Wii…let’s not go there, I leave those arguments to the fan boys.

What I am getting at here is the potential of Natal. I’m seriously intrigued of its capabilities, you know, imagined that playing Left 4 Dead-esque game on those things. It’ll be awesome, you can finally punch the zombies, kick them or do all those things to your fellow survivors for being such an a-hole (I’ve taken more hits from teammate rather than from zombies, idiots). Maybe this time we can talk trash to the zombies every time we’re being overrun.

Hypes have been surrounding this particular revolution of gaming by fans and haters. Some love it, some don’t but I like to quote a rather disturbing comment concerning Natal scanning function. It involves creating avatars. One user said,

"I can’t wait coz I wanna scan myself naked."

Xbox Live users will see a lot of interesting avatars soon.

Anyway, although Natal is a techno wonder but I doubt its application will be featured in such games. At least not anywhere near its release. But hey, we’ll never know until it hit the shelves, for all we know I am probably wrong. Maybe this is the starting point for the much-awaited advancement in entertainment that probably would lead to humanity doomsday in the hand (or in this case – the screen) of machine.

Since I’m still in Zombie mood, check out the vid for Dead Rising 2 if you haven’t already (link at the end of the post). It’s wicked awesome. The only disappointment for me is that Frank will have only a guest appearance and probably not as a playable character. I missed Frank but I guess Chuck kick some undead ass too.

With the capabilities of spawning 7,000 zombies on the screen, (the first only have max capacities of 800) and ready to be taken down with the most creative way, Dead Rising 2 is going to be big. No, not big but Zombie-licious. I mean, where else can you see Zombie showgirls?

Well then, keep that console warm for Chuck Greene’s arrival on PC, Xbox360 and PS3.

On a side note, I’d like to see that on Natal, don’t you?

Click here for Dead Rising 2 Vidz.

No comments:

Post a Comment